What is the Portugal Golden Visa programme?
The Portugal Golden Visa programme is one of the most popular programmes in Europe, attracting investors with its versatility and benefits. The programme was launched in 2012 and has been actively promoted by the Portuguese government on international platforms as one of the best citizenship by investment programmes in Portugal. One of the strengths of this programme is that it allows you to apply for permanent residence and citizenship after 5 years without having to reside in Portugal.
Benefits of the programme
What are the benefits of the Portuguese Gold Visa Programme?
This programme offers various attractive benefits to investors, such as
– Processing by the government within 60 days (from the date of submission of the file to the government).
– The applicant and his/her family have the right to reside, work and attend school in Portugal.
– Visa-free travel to the 26 Schengen countries in Europe.
– Minimum residence requirement (1 week per year).
– No net worth, minimum education, source of funding, language or management experience required.
– No interview.
– All foreign nationals can apply (no nationality restrictions).
– Applicants can apply for citizenship after 5 years of residence.
How to benefit from the Portuguese Golden Visa Programme?
To benefit from the programme, investors must
– Have a valid passport and be legally resident in a country.
– Be 18 years or older (no maximum age).
– Not be a citizen of the European Union.
– Buy a property in Portugal (for a minimum of 5 years) at one of the investment levels: EUR 500,000 (new/urban), EUR 400,000 (new/rural), EUR 350,000 (renovated/urban) or EUR 280,000 (renovated/rural).
– Pass a due diligence check.
– Dependants are children under 18, older children who are students and financially dependent on the applicant, and parents over 65 who are dependent on the applicant.
Leave a Comment