What is the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Visa?
The EB-5 Immigrant Investor Visa is intended to provide permanent residence in the United States for individuals who invest in projects approved by the US government. It also provides access to the U.S. education system and allows you to live, study, work and retire in the United States. The EB-5 visa allows you, your spouse and your children under 21 years of age to obtain a permanent resident card in the US, also known as a “green card”.
How to obtain the EB-5 immigrant visa for the United States?
The following are the requirements for obtaining the EB-5 immigrant visa for the United States:
– No language requirements.
– No age limit.
– No management or business experience is required.
– Net worth of $1 million or high employment income.
– The investor must prove the legal source and flow of funds for the $900,000 investment amount plus the $98,675 fee.
– The US visa (green card) is usually issued in 32 months.
– The application and supporting documents must be sent to the Federal Government.
Our professional team of US immigration lawyers will complete and file the application and handle all immigration matters.
Hyatt Fort Lauderdale Phase II Investor Visa for the United States
– The 46-storey project will comprise 238 luxury hotel rooms and 113 condominium units.
– The hotel will be operated under the renowned Hyatt brand.
– Construction began in 2016 and will be completed in 2020.
– 11 EB-5 units available, at USD 998,675 (including USD 900,000 capital investment and all legal, administrative and government fees).
– Phase II has 28 investment units in total (11 at USD 900,000 and 17 at the previous investment level of USD 500,000).
– Job creation requirement (10 jobs per investor) : Phase II (280) + Phase I (800) = 1080 jobs required. Jobs already created: 1,787 (exceeds requirement) + future jobs: 739 = 2,526 jobs in total.
– Total project cost is $226 million: the developer will contribute $61.9 million in equity and pre-sales; financing will provide $123.9 million; and Phase I EB-5 investor capital will contribute $40 million. EB-5 Phase II investor capital ($18.4 million) will replace 8% of the developer’s equity. No minimum EB-5 fundraising is required.
– The applicant recovers $990,000 after 5 years (all principal and 2% annual interest), so the net cost to the applicant is only $8,675.
Information on the developer
The owner and developer of the project, The Kolter Group, is one of the largest private developers in the United States. The developer is based in West Palm Beach, Florida. The owner of The Kolter Group is the 100th richest person in Canada, with an estimated net worth of $835 million. The Kolter Group is known to have developed over $15 billion in projects over the past 27 years. For the EB-5 “Hyatt Fort Lauderdale Phase II” investor visa program, the Kolter Group offers an I-526 rejection guarantee and a construction completion guarantee.
Project Location and Regional Centre
– The development is located in Fort Lauderdale, one of the most important tourist destinations in South Florida (part of the Miami metropolitan area).
– Over 126 million tourists visited Florida in 2018.
– The owner of the regional centre (EB5 Affiliate Network) is very experienced and has 15 regional centres in 28 states.
– EB5 Affiliate Network has received several exemplary I-924 approvals for previous EB-5 projects with the Kolter Group.
Leave a Comment